Monday, June 3, 2013

Title Revelealed: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children Sequel

The title for Ransom Riggs sequel was just recently announced.
 
Also included in the announcement was a small description of the book plus an excerpt.
 
No cover has been released yet though.
 
The title of Miss Peregrine #2 is going to be called Hollow City.
 
 
Hollow City (Miss Peregrine, #2)
Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
Hardcover, 352 pages
Expected publication: January 14th 2014 by Quirk Books
 
 
add to goodreads
 
Goodreads Synopsis:
 
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children was the surprise best seller of 2011—an unprecedented mix of YA fantasy and vintage photography that enthralled readers and critics alike. Publishers Weekly called it “an enjoyable, eccentric read, distinguished by well-developed characters, a believable Welsh setting, and some very creepy monsters.”

This second novel begins in 1940, right after the first book ended. Having escaped Miss Peregrine’s island by the skin of their teeth, Jacob and his new friends flee to London, the peculiar capital of the world. There, they encounter a dangerous madman named Caul, who also happens to be Miss Peregrine’s brother. Caul has discovered a way to rob Peculiars of their abilities and steal them for himself—and it will take all of Jacob’s efforts to save his friends from certain extinction.

Complete with dozens of newly discovered (and thoroughly creepy) vintage photographs, this new adventure will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.
 
 
 
 
My Thoughts on the Title and Excerpt:
 
I am so excited for this one to come out. I loved Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children. Check out my review of it here. I can't believe I have to wait until Jan. 2014 though. The waiting is going to really kill me, I want to read it now. I really like the title for this one, I want to know what Hollow City means, it is really intriguing me. By looking at the excerpt, it seems that it starts right where the last book left off. To really enjoy this sequel, I will have to reread the first one, just so I remember it cause I read it so long ago, back in 2011. Overall, I really can't wait for this one to come out and I am so excited for it.
 
 
Let me know in the comments what you think of the title, description, and excerpt.
 
 
Thanks for Visiting
 
 
and
 
 
Happy Reading. =]
 
 
 
-Michael
 


1 comment:

  1. I've heard so many great things about Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. I'll have to read it before the sequel comes out.

    Cat @ A2H

    ReplyDelete