Saturday, February 23, 2013

Review: Fuse by Julianna Baggott

Fuse (Pure, #2)
Fuse by Julianna Baggott
Hardcover, 463 pages
Published February 19th 2013 by Grand Central Publishing
***Received this Book from the Publisher for a fair and honest review.
(Thank You Grand Central Publishing for the Book.)
 
 
Synopsis:
 
When the world ended, those who dwelled within the Dome were safe. Inside their glass world the Pures live on unscarred, while those outside—the Wretches—struggle to survive amidst the smoke and ash.

Believing his mother was living among the Wretches, Partridge escaped from the Dome to find her. Determined to regain control over his son, Willux, the leader of the Pures, unleashes a violent new attack on the Wretches. It’s up to Pressia Belze, a young woman with her own mysterious past, to decode a set of cryptic clues from the past to set the Wretches free.

An epic quest that sweeps readers into a world of beautiful brutality, Fuse continues the story of two people fighting to save their futures—and change the fate of the world.
 
My Thoughts/Review:
 
 At first, I was very excited to get this book for review. But then I had conflicting thoughts because I didn't know how the story would continue and what was going to happen and if it was going to be any good. Pure ended in such a way that I really didn't know what was going to happen next. I am so happy that the book was even better than I thought it could be. The story went beyond all of my expectations.

Since I read Pure like a year ago, I had to refresh my memory of it so I reread the last few chapters of Pure to prepare to read Fuse. Sometimes I wish authors would put a little recap synopsis of the first book in there consecutive sequels. It would make remembering so much easier.

If you read Pure, then you know about Baggott's writing style. Her prose are beautiful and very thought provoking and the world she has created is such an amazing concept that it is really unthinkable. Fuse doesn't start off exactly where Pure leaves off. Since I had to jog my memory it took me a little while to get back into the swing of things in this amazing world. When the book opens up all of the characters are separated and doing there own things. Eventually, things start to happen and they all come together to go on another amazing adventure to try and gain the truth of what they need to do to help the world they live in.

Baggott really doesn't disappoint at all in Fuse. She brings out all of the stops. It has everything you would ever want in a book. It has twists and turns, excitement, adventure, danger, and an edge of your seat experience. Fuse adds greatly to the story from Pure and keeps it rolling in a very good way. You get to learn more about the seven and the mystery that is surrounding them and what Partridge and Pressia have to do to help save there world and to do what is right.

What I love about this book is all of the characters. They are so real and so deep. You can feel there struggles and there pain. You can't help but want to fall in love with them and you want them to become your friends in real life and succeed in everything they do. I felt like I entered there world and had to help them with all of there goals and struggles.

If you haven't read this series yet, you need to pick it up. Julianna Baggott is such a genius writer. I have read both books and I still don't know the direction the story is going in and with every flip of the page I get surprised and shocked with another event happening. This book series has torn at my core with how awesome it has become. This book has so much depth and so many levels and layers, with different emotions and concepts added into it. I can not wait to see how this story ends and where it will finish. The ending will be very bittersweet because I don't want it to be over. =]
 

Overall, I give this book:
"Adventurous, Emotional, Edge of Your Seat, Amazing Sequel."=]
5 out of 5 Stars
 
Link to Check it Out:
add to goodreads
 
 
 
 
Thanks for Visiting
 
and
 
Happy Reading. =]
 
 
-Michael

1 comment:

  1. I obviously need to read Pure. This sounds fascinating. I don't know how I didn't hear of this before. I've seen this second book around but I don't even think I realized there was a first one. I'm glad I took the time to finally read a review of this book. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    I agree with you about not remembering everything about the first book when a sequel comes out. They really should have a brief wrap up to refresh our memory. lol I read so many books sometimes it gets frustrating when I can't remember enough of the first book before the sequel comes out.

    ReplyDelete