Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012

 
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They love to share lists
 
(Click the Links to go to the authors Goodreads Page)
 
1) Marissa Meyer
Have you not read Cinder yet. Well you should. It was one of the best books I read in 2012. She is completely unique and is an awesome storyteller.
 
2) Julianna Baggott
Her writing created a whole new post-apocalyptic world that seems so real and something that could possible happen to today's world in the future. Completely Revolutionary.
 
3) Tom Tancin
Created an awesome world and story revolving around Atlantis. Loved the the book he created with personal and real characters that are going through an adventure.
 
4) Amy Kathleen Ryan
I was introduced to her through her book Glow. A whole new adventure set in outer space where two ships get separated and have two totally different beliefs. I loved her writing style and her suspense.
 
5) Lauren Oliver
I read Delirium this year and fell in love with it. It seems horrible where love is a disease but it could possibly happen. Oliver's characters and writing style is what made this book wonderful.
 
6) Victoria Schwab
One of my favorite authors I have been introduced to this year. Her writing is so spectacularly descriptive and is filled with heart and realness in her characters. You can feel them and the story coming off the page. She creates magic with her writing. She is just a downright awesome person too. =] 
 
7) Gretchen McNeil
This is another of my favorite authors I've been introduced to this year. I read Ten by her when it came out and it was one of the best thriller/mystery books I have ever read. Gretchen is also a really awesome person as well. =]
 
8) T.B. Mckenzie
I was introduced by him because he contacted me to review his book. I read it and I really loved it. He put such heart and feeling into his characters that you wanted them to succeed. I can't wait to read his second book.
 
9) Audrey Niffenegger
I just finished The Time Traveler's Wife and I know why it was such a popular book. Her writing was so amazing with a very powerful love that lasted many years through time. You could feel the love and feeling pouring of the pages from her words.
 
10) Victor Hugo
Another book I just finished was Les Miserables. I read it in time for the movie that is coming out and I really loved it. You could feel the heart, emotion and bond that connected all of the characters through out time and how everyone had a purpose to the core of the story. I can see why Victor Hugo's books have become such great classics. =]
 
 
Hope you enjoyed my list.


Thanks for Visiting =]
 
 
Leave a link to your Top Ten in the comments and I will come check yours out.
 
 
Happy Reading
 
 
-Michael

10 comments:

  1. I agree with Marissa Meyer and Gretchen McNeil. If you liked Ten, you should read Agatha's Christie book (Then There was None, I think?) which it's based on. :) Great list!

    Here's my TTT. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit, I haven't read many of the authors on your list, but The Time Traveler's Wife was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michael -- made my day to be on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you started reading Lauren Oliver! Her best books imo are Before I fall and Liesl & Po.
    Our TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes for Victor Hugo! Great List!

    alonetogetherfactfiction.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read Cinder yet, but it's on my Christmas list (or to buy with Christmas gift cards list :D). I keep hearing such *excellent* things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for including me!!! It truly is an honor to have your support and passion for The Atlantis Revolution. I love writing and I love The Atlantis Revolution--some of my favorite time is spent in Atlantis with the characters. Hearing that someone else loves the story/characters as much as (maybe even more than) I do has to be in my Top 10 Favorite Things! You've been allowing me to live with one of my favorite things a lot in the last few months. Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauren Oliver is a really good author and I enjoyed Cinder too. I haven't heard of a lot of the authors on your list and that is a good thing! I will have to check them out. Thanks.

    Here is my list
    http://itisabooklife.blogspot.com/2012/12/top-ten-tuesday-2-top-ten-favorite-new.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, everybody has to read Cinder :) Victoria Schwab is also on my list. The near witch was a great book.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved The Time Traveler's Wife but then I read her next book, Her Fearful Symmetry, and it was the weirdest and most bizarre novel I've ever read. It's also the only book I told a customer not to buy when I used to work at a bookstore! They didn't seem to be into the really supernatural and this second book is heavy on that.

    ReplyDelete