Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Originals by Cat Patrick

 
For those of you who don't know "Waiting On" Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose is to let others know which book you are anticipating and can't wait til it comes out to read it.
The Originals
Hardcover, 304 pages
Expected publication: May 7th 2013 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
 
Synopsis:
 
A riveting new story from Cat Patrick, author of Forgotten and Revived.

17-year-olds Lizzie, Ella, and Betsey Best grew up as identical triplets... until they discovered a shocking family secret. They're actually closer than sisters, they're clones. Hiding from a government agency that would expose them, the Best family appears to consist of a single mother with one daughter named Elizabeth. Lizzie, Ella, and Betsey take turns going to school, attending social engagements, and a group mindset has always been a de facto part of life...

Then Lizzie meets Sean Kelly, a guy who seems to see into her very soul. As their relationship develops, Lizzie realizes that she's not a carbon copy of her sisters; she's an individual with unique dreams and desires, and digging deeper into her background, Lizzie begins to dismantle the delicate balance of an unusual family that only science could have created.
Why I am Waiting:
 
Someone had this as their pick last week so I felt that I had to share it too. I am a twin and if I found out that my brother was a clone of myself instead of my brother I would totally freak out. This is what makes this book so exciting. I really can't wait to read it.
 
Link me up in the comments to your WoW pick. =]
 
Thanks for visiting and Happy Reading.
-Michael

1 comment:

  1. OOh interesting. I haven't heard of this one. The cover is definitely eyecatching though!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete