Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors That I Am Thankful For.

 
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They love to share lists.
 Top Ten Authors I am thankful for:
 
1) I am thankful for J.K. Rowling for writing an amazing book series that went throughout my childhood and taught me how to grow up and believe in magic.
 
2) I am thankful for Veronica Roth for introducing me to the world of dystopian literature. Divergent was one of the first dystopians I have read and really enjoyed.
 
3) I am thankful for Beth Revis for taking me to the stars and across the universe and tricking my mind in ways only she could and lieing to me all in the process.
 
4) I am thankful for Suzanne Collins for creating a universe that shows us what could happen if people stray from what is right and how the power and will of the individual can affect the whole.
 
5) I am thankful for Lois Lowry for showing me a new way to look at the world and not take certain things for granted.
 
6) I am thankful for Rick Riordan for teaching me that it is okay to be a kid again and believe in mythology.
 
7) I am thankful for Jackson Pearce for writing totally kick ass novels and saying that it is okay to believe in fairytales again.
 
8) I am thankful for Marissa Meyer for being so imaginative and creating a book that incorporates so many cool elements and has you believing in fairytales once again.
 
9) + 10) Okay I can't really think of anyone else. So this is kind of a cop out. I am thankful for all of the books I have read as a child, that really got me into reading. I am thankful for my family and friends. Finally, I am thankful for this blog and all of the people that like it and comment on it. This has been a real outlet to get my feelings about books out to the world. Thank you to everyone. =]
 
 
Thanks for Visiting =]
 
Leave a link to your Top Ten in the comments and I will come check yours out.
 
Happy Reading
 
-Michael

1 comment:

  1. Awesome list! I've read (and loved) books by the first 5 authors you mentioned. I'll have to check out some books by the others you mentioned.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete