Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

 
 
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading.
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
 
Grab your current read
 
Open to a random page
Share two(2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
 
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
 
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT paricipants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers. =]
 
 
Fathomless (Fairytale Retellings, #3)
Hardcover, 304 pages
Published September 4th 2012 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
 
 
Here are are my two teasers this week:
 
"The powers are our greatest secret. The secret we never told anyone, not even our parents, not even our brothers. Jane's skill developed first. People called her a perspective child, but there was much more to it. Then Anne, who knew when I'd fall out of a tree house our brother Lucas made. Mine took longer. I thought maybe I didn't have one, even, when I'd turned seven and still nothing had developed. Anne and Jane pushed me, assured me that mine would be the most impressive of the three of them.
 
But then it wasn't.
 
Jane can know a person's present. Anne can know their future. And I can know their past."
-Fathomless by Jackson Pearce, Pg 13-14
 
 
"We don't want to go to the surface. We linger under the water, down deep, where it's cold; it makes us feel the most alive. Only the new girl wants to go up. Her skin is still a little pink, like it remembers the sun, whereas most of ours are pale, with places tinted the light purples, blues or greens of seashells."
-Fathomless by Jackson Pearce, Pg 20
 
 
Thanks for visiting my Teaser Tuesday this weeek.
 
Hope you enjoyed it. Link me up to your teasers in the comments below.
Happy Reading.
-Michael

6 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. There sure seem to be a lot of mermaid books lately. My teasers are from Dearly, Beloved by Lia Habel and Run the Risk by Lori Foster. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh intriguing tease! I've heard mix things about this author. Love the cover though!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was given the first book in this series but haven't read it yet. I hope you're enjoying it!

    New follower

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Good Teaser.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your teasers have me intrested in the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks really good, its now on my TBR list.
    Check mine out if you want
    Tuesday Teaser and Intros

    ReplyDelete