Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Enchantress by Michael Scott


For those of you who don't know "Waiting On" Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose is to let others know which book you are anticipating and can't wait til it comes out to read it.



The Enchantress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #6)
Publisher: Random House Children's Books
Publication date: 5/22/2012
Pages: 528

 
Synopsis:
The two that are one must become the one that is all. One to save the world, one to destroy it.

San Francisco:
Nicholas and Perenelle Flamel have one day left to live, and one job left to do. They must defend San Francisco. The monsters gathered on Alcatraz Island have been released and are heading toward the city. If they are not stopped, they will destroy everyone and everything in their path.
But even with the help of two of the greatest warriors from history and myth, will the Sorceress and the legendary Alchemyst be able to defend the city? Or is it the beginning of the end of the human race?

Danu Talis:
Sophie and Josh Newman traveled ten thousand years into the past to Danu Talis when they followed Dr. John Dee and Virginia Dare. And it’s on this legendary island that the battle for the world begins and ends.
Scathach, Prometheus, Palamedes, Shakespeare, Saint-Germain, and Joan of Arc are also on the island. And no one is sure what—or who—the twins will be fighting for.

Today the battle for Danu Talis will be won or lost.
But will the twins of legend stand together?
Or will they stand apart—
one to save the world and one to destroy it?


Why I am Waiting:
This is the final book in this awesome series. I really can not wait to find out what will happen. It has all come to this final book. The last book ended on a great cliffhanger that makes me want to read the next one as soon as possible. I really hope this one ends in a fantastic way. I want everything to work out but who really knows what will happen. =]

Let me know in the comments what you are waiting for this wednesday.

Thanks for Visiting

Happy Reading. =]

-Michael

16 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of this series yet! I have some friends who think it's pretty good, so maybe I should start! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun story - love the historical characters – good pick!

    My WoW

    @TCAbn The Motley Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only read the first in this series and got distracted from reading the rest! Will have to pick them up again before this is released!

    Claire Reads WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snap, this is my WOW this week too for all the reasons you've listed here.

    This book has a lot of promise. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of this series, yet but I'm looking forward reading it soon. Great pick! :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh that looks interesting! Haven't heard of this before!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so behind on this series! I have The Warlock on the back of my couch, waiting to be read. I have, however, preordered my copy of this one like a good girl!

    Here is my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a fabulous book cover. The whole series sounds intriguing!

    Diana
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds really great, nice choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower. Love the cover the story sounds interesting. Follow to see my wow .http://sonythebooklover.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-57/

    ReplyDelete
  11. My boy had read all of them but the first one so for his b-day I got him Inheritance and 1-5 in this series. I read them all in one week I can't "wait" for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am such a huge fan of the Secret of Immortal Nicholas Flamel series. Michael Scott is such a fabulous writer. I love all of the layers to this story and it is so rich with historical details. And after the book's cliffhanger, I'm definitely eager to dive into The Enchantress although I'm a bit sad that will be the last book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still haven't started this series. I really need to do so soon, as I heard many great things about it. Great pick!
    Em
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete