Thursday, December 29, 2011

Review #34: The Warlock by Michael Scott

The Warlock (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #5)

  • Publisher: Random House Children's Books-Delacorte Press
  • Publication date: 5/24/2011
  • Pages: 400

  • 
    Synopsis
    The fifth book in the New York Times bestselling series The Secrets of the Nicholas Flamel—The Warlock

    Alcatraz:
    Although their ally Dr. John Dee has been declared utlaga, Machiavelli and Billy the Kid will follow the plans the Elders have laid before them: they will loose the monsters of Alcatraz on the city of San Francisco, thereby triggering the end of the humani race.

    Danu Talis:
    The Shadowrealm that Scatty and Joan of Arc have entered is far more dangerous than they could ever have imagined. And they haven’t landed here by chance-the warriors were called for a reason. So were Saint-Germain, Palamededs, and Shakespeare. The group was summoned because they must travel back in time to Danu Talis and destroy it. For the island of Danu Talis, known in humani myth as the lost city of Atlantis, must fall if the modern world is to exist.

    San Francisco:
    The end is finally near. Josh Newman has chosen a side, and he will not stand with his sister, Sophie, or with the Alchemyst, Nicholas Flamel. He will fight alongside Dee and the mysterious Virginia Dare. Unless Sophie can find her twin before the battle begins, all is lost – forever.

    In the fifth installment of this bestselling series, the twins of prophecy have been divided, and the end is finally beginning.

    My Thoughts/Review

    The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Series has been just fantastic. I am so glad I started it years ago. The story is just so unique I have never read anything like it before. The characters in the books use their auras to control magic. Could you imagine if you were able to do that. They even focus on elemental magic through being able to control Air, Fire, Water and Earth. The series mainly focuses on Sophie and Josh Newman. They are twins that have the power to save the world or destroy it. The characters so far have been on an amazing whirl wind of an adventure from the very first novel. Michael Scott has such great knowledge on mythology that he uses people from mythology and history throughout this series. For instances, Virginia Dare, Billy the Kid, Odin, Anubis, Nicholas Flamel, etc.. all make appearances in this series. Some of them are immortals, Elders, Dark Elders who either have lived on Earth for centuries or in different shadow realms that connect to Earth. They all fight against each other and are on different sides of a battle of epic proportions. If you haven't started this series yet, I suggest it to everyone. It has so much elements and uniqueness in it, that I think everyone will enjoy the adventure in it.
    .
    The end of the last book ended in a way that I had no idea what was going to happen in this book. All of the characters were in tough situations that I had no idea what would happen next. The Warlock definitely clears up a lot of what happens next and the adventure continues in many very exciting different ways. 
    The Warlock in my opinion doesn't disappoint. Wow is all I can say about this book. It is probably the fastest I have ever read one of the books in this series. I normally want to go as slow as possible to make the experience last longer. But this one I just couldn't wait because it was so good. There was a lot of adventure and excitement throughout. It is so fast paced, I just loved every second of it to be able to learn about this amazing world that Scott created with intriguing characters and awesome locations.

     The ending was such a shocker I was not expecting that one at all. It was so good, it completely blew my mind. The writing was fantastic. I love the direction the story is going in. It couldn't be better. This series is so amazing and historical and magical. Everyone should read it. Sometimes I wish I had an index to go with all the awesome characters in this book but overall this one was fantastic. I can not get enough of this series. I can not say enough about this series. It is so special and good in a unique way that I can't come up with the correct words to say how much I love this series. I can relate so much because I am a twin myself and can  understand the special bond that Josh and Sophie go through. If I was in there situation I don't know what I would do. It sounds like they have a difficult road to face in the next book. I really hope that everything gets worked out in the end. I can't wait to read The Enchantress, the sixth and last book in the series. I so badly want to find out what happens and if everthing gets resolved. May 2012 can not come fast enough.

    Overall I give this book...
    Awesome Fast-Paced, Adventurous book, Can't wait to find out what happens next. =]
    5 out of 5 Stars


    Links to Check it Out:
    Goodreads
     
     
    Thanks for Visiting and Happy Reading

    -Michael

    No comments:

    Post a Comment