Friday, July 15, 2011

Review #12: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Hi guys,

I am now just waking up today after seeing the midnight release of Harry Potter Part 2 at the drive-in. I want to write this now as it is still fresh in my mind. What can I say about this movie. I am both speechless and bursting at the seams. It was one of the best Harry Potter movies I have ever seen. I went into seeing this movie feeling sad and excited at the same time. That my childhood was basically ending. After seeing the movie I felt that I could let it all go and that it ended on the best note it possibly could have.

This movie was emotional, action packed, and purely just amazing. I was enthralled from beginning to end. I kept gripping the blanket I had and my heart kept racing. I even have to admit I was balling like a freakin baby at parts. I mean its the end of Harry Potter forever, I had to cry at some parts. I wanted to cry to be able to let a big chunk of my life and childhood go. That being said it was one of the best movies I have ever seen and they really did justice to the finale of this awesome series.

All of the scenes had a ton of action in them. The battle scenes were just perfect. Everything was just about as I had wanted it to be and what I pictured in my mind from the book. I can't find the words to describe how amazingly great this film was. It had the subtlety it need to convey the darkness and the seriousness of it. But then threw in some tiny jokes for the fans just to have a little laugh at this finale.

Maggie Smith was once again perfect as Professor McGonagall like always. I thought Alan Rickman's performance was so fantastic in this film. It was the best work that I have seen him do throughout all of the movies. I was crying mostly at his parts through the movies, it was that good. Another great scene was Molly against Bellatrix(you know what scene I am talking about). It was just how I pictured it. The deaths in this movie also got to me in a way that I didn't think it would. Now with the kiss between Ron and Hermione, it was really good but not perfect and fantastic. Other people might disagree with me on that.

Now to somethings I didn't like completely from the movie. The ending where it goes 19 years later could have been better. It was still good and everything and meaningful but like I said could have been better. Harry and Ginny were aged well but Hermione and Ron really weren't all that well aged. And they didn't show Reamus and Tonks son Teddy which I wish they did. They could have ended it even more better by making that scene perfect but it wasn't.

Overall this movie was so awesome and fantastic. And I know I probably don't need to say it because you all are going to see it anyway but everyone needs to see this finale. The series end was great just like I expected it would be. I feel now that I can move on from Harry Potter and that I feel it will live forever on in the books and movies. =]

I might go see this movie again in theaters this time instead of the drive-in. Also seeing part 1 and then part 2 made this movie even more special and complete. If you get the chance to do that or even watching part 1 before you go, I definitely suggest doing that. It really was so fantastic that I think I might see it again. I am also planning on re-reading all 7 of the books just to get complete closer from the whole entire Harry Potter series. Overall of course I give this movie 5 out of 5 stars. What are you waiting for go see this movie now. lol =]

Til next time,

Happy Reading everyone. =]

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say thanks for your nice comments.
    Am waiting to watch the movie (in three days) before I read any movie reviews:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for following me. =] You should love the movie, I think everyone that sees it will. lol

    ReplyDelete