Sunday, June 12, 2011

Review #1: A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin



One of the reasons I decided to read this book was because some of my friends were reading it and had high reviews of it. Also I read it because of the new HBO series that came from the book. A Game of Thrones is one of the best books I have ever read. It follows the story of Catelyn Stark, Eddard "Ned" Stark, Arya Stark, Sansa Stark, Bran Stark, Jon Snow, Tyrion Lannister, and Daenerys Targaryen in the world of the Seven Kingdoms in the land of Westeros. "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die" This book puts you on such a roller coaster with so many twists and turns that it leaves you speechless at the end. Your jaw will drop so many times at all the things you didn't see coming. You can't even believe what you are reading, it is that mind blowing. Each character in the book is unique in there own way and brings something to the book that needs to be their. The characters all grow and mature in many different ways and I can't wait to see what happens with them in the rest of the series This story has so many integral parts that it is a little tough to follow but once you get who everyone is you will be able to enjoy the story even more. I recommend the book to everyone to read. I am surprised that I haven't heard of this book before the HBO series came out. If you are thinking about reading this series you definitely should. I also suggest that you watch the HBO show while you read it. I takes the experience of reading the book and makes it ten times better. Overall I give this book a 5 out of 5 stars. =]
Also here are some helpful links of the family trees and map of westeros:
Map of Westeros
Guide to the Houses


Until my next review.

Happy Reading. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment