Thursday, June 16, 2011

Review #4: Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris


Hello again Bloggers,

I watch the HBO series True Blood. So I decided to start reading the Charlaine Harris books based on the show. I love the show, so I just knew I was going to love the Sookie Stackhouse series. This first book didn't disappoint. It starts off with Sookie and it introduces you to her perfectly. You get to know about her "disability" and learn a lot about her personality. She is a character that you get really interested in and makes you want to get involved with her life. Once you get into the head and mannerisms of Sookie Stackhouse you get introduced to all the awesome characters of Bon Temps, Louisiana. They are so diverse that you should love them all in there quirky ways. The one great aspect about this book is the supernatural parts. Sookie is a telepath and can read peoples minds. Vampires have literally come out of the coffin and have been around for millenia but are just now coming into mainstream society.

Sookie the waitress meets her first ever vampire named Bill. I won't ruin the surprise to what happens in this book but a lot of things happen between Sookie and Bill. They are both great characters and sparks definitely fly between them.
Harris's writing style fits perfectly with Sookie's personality and the books are such great light reads that has a lot of plot twists and turns it is not hard to like these books. If you like murder, mysteries, and the supernatural this is the book series to read for you. Even though I have already seen the HBO show and this book follows mostly with the first book, it was definitely worth the read. It brang such a different aspect to the series. Overall I give this book a 4 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to anyone that loves the supernatural with a little romance mixed in. =]

Stay tuned for my review of the second book in the Stackhouse Series, Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris, which should be up in a few days. =]

Also I can't wait for TrueBlood to start its Fourth Season on June 26th, so if you like this series definately tune in to the show.

If you need another opinion or review about Dead until Dark, my friend also reviewed it on her blog.
Dead until Dark

Until next time,
Happy Reading. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment